IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN MEDIA PRACTITIONERS ON WORKING VISITS TO NAMIBIA
- You need a temporary work permit, issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration to do any kind of media work in Namibia. The Division Media Liaison Services in the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology can assist you in obtaining a temporary work permit.
- The processing of a temporary work permit that is valid for three months (on request) costs N$390 per person+ N$80 handling fee.
- Payment must be transferred into the bank account of the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration at:
Bank of Namibia
Account number 165003
Branch code 980172
Swift code CBKNNANX
- The application form for a temporary work permit is attached. Please complete the form and return it together with:
- proof of payment
- completed media accreditation form;
- copies of your passport indicating your name, passport number, date and place of issue and expiry date
- a list of equipment with serial numbers
Media Liaison Services
Print Media Affairs Directorate
Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
Fax: +264-61-230170 Tel:+264-612832668 e-mail: email@example.com
- To facilitate the temporary importation of equipment into Namibia, media practitioners are advised to obtain an ATA Carnet from their country of origin. Your local Chamber of Commerce and Industry should be able to assist you.
- Kindly note that nationals from certain countries need visas to travel to Namibia. A TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT DOES NOT REPLACE A NORMAL VISA. Visas can be obtained from any Namibian mission abroad.
- Please submit the forms at your earliest convenience. The Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration requires at least five (5) working days to process temporary work permits.
- A copy of the temporary work permit will be faxed to you as soon as we receive it from the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration. Please make sure that the correct fax number is reflected on your media accreditation form.
- Any enquiries can be directed to Nicolene at the numbers above. In her absence, enquiries can be directed to Rauna Shikomba at telephone number +264-61-282671